Monday, December 10, 2012

MTV cribs: cycle day 12



Today[1] was a good day. Today I found out that I have three mature follicles, I’m ovulating on my own and I should proceed to can I say have sex here? Is the nurse listening? make a baby! Wow. This is like, really happening. So obviously, because I am still a million steps removed from having said imaginary, as-yet-still-not-conceived-or-birthed baby, I decided it was high time to start deciding on the kind of crib I fancy for my little (totally imaginary) tyke. And because I also TOTALLY have 1500 dollars to spare, the interwebs did not deny me my self-indulgent ogling. Oh no. The interwebs took my broken, battered, infertile-until-now hand and said here. Here you are, vulnerable-one-who-wants-to-look-at-pretty-things-she-does-not-need-and-cannot-afford. Here is a disturbingly vast selection of jaw-droppingly expensive, Dutch modern, fairly traded, sustainably harvested, bamboo cribs that turn into a toddler bed and then into a window seat and then, when your child turns eighteen, a space ship, a college fund an, okay fine I don’t really know where I’m going with this but it’s probably something really cool, thing.  So yeah. I totally want NEED one of those.

And now - because otherwise the title of this post would be false advertising - here is Aaron Carter (who is basically an infant because that's what you are when you have a stuffed Pumbaa on your "safari bed"), wearing an amazing Tupac t-shirt and showing off his “shag carpet” walls. Please. Hold the applause.


[1] And if you’re just tuning in, by today, I actually mean about a week ago. Breathlessly trying to catch up to real time. I feel like Marty McFly. 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. Sorry you're here --- but love the blog so far. Good luck this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and good luck to you, too on this crazy ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! McFly!

    Just coming out of internet obscurity to say HI! And, you're brilliant. Aaand thanks for putting this/yourself/your hilarity out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're too sweet - can I link to the oh-so-lovely FPA over here at fallopian groove?

    ReplyDelete